February 10, 2012

Organic Ethiopia Sidamo

From the Homacho Waeno Cooperative I have to say I was so excited to taste this coffee. Grown at 6,800ft the beans in this special selection feature 2 of my favorite tastes, Ginger and Lemon.  
     The aroma had fleeting notes of sweet citrus I will taste again to pick up on the ginger notes.  The body has a good smooth mouthfeel and the acidity was pleasant compared to its older offering.   As it cools, this cup releases a spicier taste but citrus still dominates and lingers on the palate, the acidity becomes a little more silky and dissipates quickly.
      So much history in my shot glass, the birthplace of coffee did not disappoint as I paired it with Lemon wensleydale crumble cheese, also a ginger mango crumbled cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment